To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My 1Password is a mess

Options
jim5599
jim5599
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for Mac since version 3. There was a slight problem during the upgrade from 4 to 5 but it wasn't serious. The upgrade from 5 to 6 was really messy and somehow I lost the secret key and other valuable resources but the product continued to work on my 3 Macs, 2 iPhones, and the iPad. The upgrade from 6 to 7 was disastrous. I was able to revert this Mac back to version 6 but 1P does not work on any of my other devices. I have 100's of passwords on this device and I don't want to lose them but it is important to get 1P working on the other devices as well. In addition I need to be able to get back to "normal" with the secret key etc; What are my options?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jim5599: I'm sorry that you've been having trouble, but I'm not sure I follow your description. 1Password.com accounts did not exist prior to version 6, so I'm not sure how you could have had an upgrade issue involving a Secret Key; you would not have had one at that point. Anyway, can you tell me the specifics of your current situation? Do you have a 1Password.com membership? Where do you have your 1Password data now — what OS, 1Password, and device versions? Also, if you'll let me know the OS versions you're using on other devices I can give you relevant instructions for those too.

This discussion has been closed.