Can't open One Password with my master password.

Options
chicolad
chicolad
Community Member

Upgraded to OSMojave. Now can't open 1password with my master password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My 1 Password is not recognizing the master password.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @chicolad! I'm sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately, without a little more information, it's difficult to say for certain what might be wrong and how we might help you solve it. Can you tell us:

1. What version of 1Password for Mac you were using previously? Specific version, if you know it.
    2. What version of 1Password for Mac you're currently running?
    3. What steps you took to upgrade 1Password, and where things started not working as you expected?

Thanks. :)

• chicolad
    chicolad
    Community Member
    Options

The version is 6.8.8
    Currently running 6.8.9
    Went to the 1 password site and uploaded 6.8.9 for Mac
    I just uploaded Mojave also for Mac

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chicolad - hmmm...an incremental update such as 6.8.8 to 6.8.9 would not have made any sweeping changes to things. I'm wondering whether something else might have happened. To get a better idea, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#KBE-24213-673]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @chicolad only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: KBE-24213-673

• chicolad
    chicolad
    Community Member
    Options

Lars Good news (for me). It is working fine now. It turns out during the upgrade somehow an additional icon appeared and I did not realize two different icons were showing, one of which is my original and it works. I deleted the other icon for 1password and things are fine now. Thanks you

• chicolad
    chicolad
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1password 6.8.8 and I just uploaded Mac Mojave. I cannot get the Safari Extension to allow for 1password with this version. What can I do to get safari extensions.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chicolad - I'm not sure what you're asking me. If you've switched to Mojave, that means you'll be using Safari 12 now. You may need to re-install the 1Password extension, which would need to be installed directly from the Safari Extensions Gallery. Please uninstall your current copy of the 1Password extension (if one exists), and download a fresh copy from that link. Then restart your Mac, and see if that helps.

This discussion has been closed.