Can’t get into my 1Password

Options
robinsonzs
robinsonzs
Community Member

So I have have 1Password for a few years now. I have never had a problem transfering it from one phone to another. I always backup my phone to my computer and restore my new phone from my backup. I recently just got the XS Max. Restored my phone like I always do. Well I recently just needed to get some information that I have stored in my 1Password, but I can’t get to it. Before all I had to do was type in my master password. Now it wants me to restore from all these options, but don’t think I’ve used any of them before. I didn’t set it up online, I didn’t use it with Dropbox, or any other option. Can someone tell me how I can retrieve my information? 🤦🏾‍♂️

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @robinsonzs

Unfortunately iTunes does not reliably back up app data. The fact you haven't had a problem until now is very lucky. Strangely enough we have heard some reports from customers with no other backups who hadn't been syncing that in some cases restoring the same backup to the device produces better results the 2nd time around. It seems that is really your only hope at this point, so I would suggest giving that a shot.

To avoid difficulties like this in the future I'd highly recommend considering 1Password membership. With membership automatic off-site backups of your encrypted data are included and all you need to do when you get a new device is install 1Password and sign in to your 1Password account. There are a lot of other great benefits as well:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

I hope that helps. Please let me know how it turns out. I'll be crossing my fingers for you.

Ben

• robinsonzs
    robinsonzs
    Community Member
    Options

It worked! Thanks Ben

• Ben
    Options

You’re very welcome. I’m glad to hear that helped.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.