Syncing Disappeared - Can't Re-establish on PC

I have 1P on an iPhone, iPad & a PC. The app is up-to-date on all three. The vault was syncing with Dropbox on all 3, but then one day the syncing-setup disappeared on all three. I re-established syncing on the iPad & PC, but can't find syncing options on the PC. Per the 1P website I should click on the rainbow-circle on the sidebar, then click on the [...] next to the vault, then click 'sync' - however, when I click on the [...] it only offers one option, 'manage,' which then takes me to the 1P website. From there I can find no direction on how to set up syncing.

Also, FYI, the link below where I am not typing, titled, "How to find 1Password version?," takes you to a page titled, "How to keep 1Password up to date."

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @1passck,

Thanks for writing in.

If you see only Manage, that may means the vault is from your 1Password account you're signed into. Are you using 1Password account as well as Dropbox? Is it possible the reason it disappeared is that you've migrated your Dropbox vault to your 1Password account, which doesn't require Dropbox anymore because you're using 1Password.com membership now?

Try this to re-add the Dropbox vault:

1. First, make sure Dropbox is running and up to date on that PC
    2. Then add your vault from Dropbox via 1Password menu > Open vault on this PC.

Does that help?

• 1passck
    1passck
    Community Member

Thanks Mike. I am using 1Password and Dropbox. Now that I understand this, I'm thinking I should change the phone/table to the 1Password account. Do you mind if I ask, which do you think is more secure? Thanks again.

• Hi @1passck,

That's what we're here for, to help you anytime.

The first question is, are all of your items in your 1Password account already? You can check your 1Password account at your 1Password site here: https://my.1Password.com

If everything looks good, then the next step is to sign in to your 1Password account on your mobile devices and then remove the primary vault that you're syncing via Dropbox. Here is the link to our guides that cover this on various platforms we support: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

This discussion has been closed.