Passwords not syncing between devices

Options
mbierman
mbierman
Community Member
edited October 2018 in iOS

I use 1Password with a family account and I have noticed passwords aren't always syncing between devices.

Environments

• iPad Air 2 iOS 12.1 (latest iOS beta 3 I believe) 7.2.1
  • iPhone 6s iOS 12.1 (latest iOS beta 3 I believe) 7.2.1
  • Mac Mini MacOS 10.14 7.2.1

For example I have a password on my iPad that doesn't appear on my Mac, 1Password web client, or iPhone.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: See above
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mbierman

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty with not having access to all of the latest changes to your 1Password data on all of your devices. Could you please check each device and see if a vault named "Primary" exists on any of them?

Ben

• mbierman
    mbierman
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Thanks, Ben. No Primary vault. There is one called, "Personal".

• Ben
    Options

Well the good news is that eliminates the most common cause of this problem. The bad news is that eliminates the most common cause of this problem. :)

• Do you have TOTP enabled for your 1Password account?
    • Do you notice any one particular device as being the culprit? For example do passwords added on the iPad not show on other devices, and passwords on other devices don’t show on the iPad, but the others seem to work? You can test this by adding a Secure Note item on each device, titled something that will give you an indication of which device it was added from.

Ben

• mbierman
    mbierman
    Community Member
    Options

I am indeed using Two factor auth on my 1Password account.

I added a secure note on each device and they did show up on the other devices as expected.

I also happened to notice the following:

Yesterday (and for sometime in the recent past) I noticed a few passwords weren't syncing between devices. I needed one in particular on another device so I sent it from one to device to the other via airdrop. Today I noticed that that entry was duplicated on at least one device. I deleted the duplicate and that seems ok now.

Maybe there are occasional delays in syncing and eventually that resolves itself? I'll monitor for a while and see if I observe anything further.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @mbierman. It does seem syncing must be working at this point, then. If in the future you notice the issue recur please send us a diagnostic report from each involved device at that point:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/97183
    • Your forum username: mbierman

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.