Accessing page with Settings from vault

If the page I am on is My Vault, how do I navigate to the page (almost a pop-up in configuration) that allows me to access Settings?

1Password Version: 1.12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 7-64 bit
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Accessing page with Settings from vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

@Maury: It sounds like you're referring to the 1Password.com web interface. Is that correct?

Depending on which "settings" you're referring to — those of the web interface or the 1Password X browser extension — you can find them in the following places:

1Password.com: https://start.1password.com/settings
    1Password X: chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/app/app.html#/page/welcome
    1Password X beta: chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/app/app.html#/page/settings

If you're still stuck, could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply. I am using 1Password X and my question is simply this:

How can I navigate to the page (the one that the system often opens up to on logging in) to gain access to the Settings/Lock/etc. tabs at the top, from the page that displays My Vault?

I took a screen shot of the page but I cannot get the system to paste it.

A companion question is what is the most efficient way of getting from that page which accesses the tab for Settings,etc. to My Vault? I am accessing the vault now by clicking on New. It works. Is that the intended pathway?

Maury.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your reply. I am using 1Password X and my question is simply this: How can I navigate to the page (the one that the system often opens up to on logging in) to gain access to the Settings/Lock/etc. tabs at the top, from the page that displays My Vault?

@Maury: This address will take you to 1Password X settings in Chrome:

chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/app/app.html#/page/welcome

And this is if you're running 1Password X beta:

chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/app/app.html#/page/settings

But it's really easiest to navigate there through the UI like you mentioned, or by right-clicking the icon.

I took a screen shot of the page but I cannot get the system to paste it. A companion question is what is the most efficient way of getting from that page which accesses the tab for Settings,etc. to My Vault? I am accessing the vault now by clicking on New. It works. Is that the intended pathway?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you clarify?

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member

I'm not sure in what other way I can ask my questions. But, I'll try to clarify.

I am familiar with and have installed 1Password X. On logging in, I most often presented with a less than full screen box, upper right on my desktop, which provides access to settings, lock, etc, via tabs at the top. It has my vault findings organized alphabetically in a window within the box, at the right side of the box

1. What is the most efficient way of going from that box to my vault? Currently, I click on New Tab, which then takes me to my vault. Is that the intended process?
    2. Once in my vault, how can I get back to the box mentioned in #1 to click on settings, if I want to, lock, etc?
  • Maury
    Maury
    Community Member

Your assistance much appreciated. I think you can safely ignore the message I sent about an hour ago. I've figured out that right clicking the 1Password icon in the toolbar permits me to access settings and lock. What I don't still understand is how to get back to the initial "box" from my vault. But that isn't a crucial maneuver.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Maury,

If when you say my vault you are referring to

then clicking the cog will offer lock and settings buttons as highlighted below

I can't shake the feeling that I'm misunderstanding though so please do correct me if that is the case.

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member

Perfect. That is the page to which I was referring as the "box", with tabs for lock, settings, etc. That is not what I was referencing as my vault. My vault, I have found, is displayed as a full screen entity, where I tend to edit entries, by clicking on New Item.

So, my question relates to the best pathway for reaching my (full screen) vault--but, in reality, I guess I have found that out by experimenting (clicking on New Item). What I hadn't discovered was the pathway for transitioning from the the full screen vault to the page you have pictured in your message. My work-around, discovered after initially writing you, has been to right click on the 1Password icon in my toolbar which doesn't get me back to the page you have pictured, but does yield access to the lock, settings, etc. tabs.

Clarified now? Thanks for your help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Maury,

So whenever you use the + New Item or edit options in the 1Password X window what the extension is doing is passing responsibility to the 1Password account web interface and as the extension is already unlocked it sidesteps presenting the standard sign-in form you would otherwise see. So that new tab is just a standard page you can reach by signing into your 1Password account via https://my.1password.com/signin. I think your solution of right clicking on the 1Password X button is probably the quickest way to access those options.

What 1Password X doesn't currently have is quick option of opening a new tab pointing at your 1Password account's vault other than when adding or editing an item. It could be there are use cases we haven't considered but the assumption is most interactions with 1Password X will be about filling a sign-in form or viewing an item from the toolbar window as pictured in my previous post. If there are scenarios you think we're missing please do let us know so we can better learn how 1Password X is being used.

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member

Appreciate the dialogue. It's working well enough for me, now that I have discovered useful ways of navigating. I could use the field you provided for just about anything I need to do (altho', admittedly, I haven't tried editing using that field), but prefer the full-page vault view for editing. I had wanted to find a smooth pathway from the full screen vault view back to the page you provided, but couldn't identify such a path. However, the work-around as I described will suffice. Yes, an easy transition from the full screen view to the other field would be helpful--but it isn't critical.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

If you have any other questions do let us know :smile:

This discussion has been closed.