Feature Request: Changing Address to URL

Options
cpmcgrath
cpmcgrath
Community Member
edited October 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Often I fill in a URL then go to choose the Type, without thinking about it I choose "Address"
I then realise I should have chosen URL so change it to URL and the text becomes "AgileBits.OnePassword.SectionAddressFieldPart"

If you could make it so that it just uses the first address field when converting it would be great

Edit: As an Extra changing the description from Address to Postal Address or Street Address it would be great

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cpmcgrath,

Thanks for reporting this. We will fix that issue to reuse what you entered into a regular text string that can be in other field types. There's no reason for the AgileBits.OnePassword.SectionAddressFieldPart to show up in the first part.

In addition, we are changing this design a bit for the next major update, it'll ask you to choose a type first before you add the new field.

Edit: As an Extra changing the description from Address to Postal Address or Street Address it would be great

Good idea, I'll share it with the team to see if we can make that change across all 1Password apps.

• cpmcgrath
    cpmcgrath
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I don't mind the current order of entry - key, value, type. But it would be nice if there were a few smarts around defaulting the type - If I call the field 'password' I shouldn't have to manually select the type Password.

• That's an excellent point, @cpmcgrath. I add OTP fields labeled OTP often and it does seem 1Password should be able to type that for me. Based on Mike's point above, though, it seems more likely that choosing a type will give the field a default label you can edit if you want. In some ways, this makes more sense to me – while I use "OTP", others may use "TOTP" or "2FA" and it's simpler to have the type dictate the label than the other way around. Fewer possible labels for 1Password to figure out.

Thanks again for the feedback! It's always much appreciated. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.