insert a field in DB data

Options

Entering or changing an item in the database gives posibility to delete item in an record, but there is no option to insert an item on a specific spot in the record.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Chrome 1.12
OS Version: Windows 10 home ver# 1803, build 17134.345
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:insert a field in DB data

Comments

• EddyExmann
    EddyExmann
    Community Member
    Options

This is for entering a login or a bank account or any other categorie

• Hi @EddyExmann,

Thanks for writing in.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're asking; are you saying you want the context menu to have an option to create a new item in the item list?

There's a + button on top of the item list to add a new item, you can also use Control + N to create a new item.

The item list is a sorted list prepared in advance based on the item's contents, you can't insert a new item in a specific spot without knowing the content first. You can create a new item with the title name to fit between two items and sort it by title, but you can't right click on an item to insert anything because there's no data to work with yet.

• EddyExmann
    EddyExmann
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, but what i mean is inside an item you can input information in fields and can remove a certain field in a rare position but you can't insert a field to get a constant form of information.

• Hi @EddyExmann,

Do you mean moving the fields up and down? You can focus the field and press Alt + Up or Down to move it up the list.

This won't work for custom sections, yet. We do plan to redesign the editor, so you can drag fields up and down.

There's a technical reason why you have to add at the end of the list, it has to do with populating the array. If we let you insert in the middle or top, it takes a while for it to rejigger the UI to make it work and the experience is just bad.

• EddyExmann
    EddyExmann
    Community Member
    Options

Hello MikeT,

Sorry for the late response, but was not able to test your solution since I was on a course.

Your answer completely answers my question, did not know this was possible, thank you very much.

Is there a tips and tricks data-sheet where you can find this kind of information?

Kind regards, Eddy

• Hi @EddyExmann,

We have a keyboard shortcut guide that may help https://support.1password.com/keyboard-shortcuts/

and a guide on how to use some features here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-windows/

• EddyExmann
    EddyExmann
    Community Member
    Options

Great

• :+1: If there's anything else we can help with, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.