Is there a way to navigate between Accounts in 1Password mini?

sdg
sdg
Community Member

Hey there -

I use 1Password Teams at work and 1Password for Families at home. At work I'm logged into both accounts. I'd like a quick way to switch between my accounts. I know I can set all vaults to show vaults from multiple accounts, but I do a lot of screen sharing with clients and vendors, demos, trainings, etc., and don't like my personal items coming up in 1Password mini during these times. It's not their business where I bank, who my doctor is, and so on. So I have All Vaults set to all my work vaults (minus vaults that hold archived items), but then when going to a personal web site, I have to switch to a vault in my other account. Here are some suggestions I have for things that would help with this:

Allow the user to change the keyboard shortcuts for vaults. Right now they are auto assigned to All Vaults and the first 9 vaults. Allow the user to assign numbers to specific vaults. I could leave All Vaults as cmd+0 and switch my family Personal vault to cmd+1and my family Shared vault to cmd + 2.

Allow the user to change accounts with a keyboard shortcut. Though I think I'd still end up with a problem of which vault I'd end up in, it might not be the right one, which leads me to.....

Extend the All Vaults function to be a Vault Sets function, and allow shortcut switching between them. I could have the equivalent of my current All Vaults set, and another one that was all the vaults on my Families account, and switch back and forth as needed.

As an interim thing, if there's any way use the keyboard to navigate the vault menu in mini, that would really helpful too. And searching the forum, I did see some old stuff about system shortcuts, and using paths to the mini app to do this, but I'm not sure which things work with the current version, or would work for this particular issue.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @sdg

I don't know that I have an immediate solution to offer here, but I do like some of your suggestions. I particularly like this:

Extend the All Vaults function to be a Vault Sets function, and allow shortcut switching between them. I could have the equivalent of my current All Vaults set, and another one that was all the vaults on my Families account, and switch back and forth as needed.

That sounds like a very cool feature, particularly for 'power users,' to me. I'll pass the feedback along to the rest of the team for their consideration. :+1:

Ben

• sdg
    sdg
    Community Member

That's great Ben, thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sdg - thank you for taking the time to share your use-case with us, as well as the suggestions! :)

• sdg
    sdg
    Community Member

No problem, you're welcome!

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.