All passwords lost, nothing showing up when restoring backup

Options
roboter
roboter
Community Member

Hi,

when i unlocked 1password today, there were no more passwords there.
I updated 1password from 6 to 7, still nothing showing up.
When I restore one of the last three backups, no passwords show up.

One of the older backups does work, but it does not contain all recently created passwords.

Is there any chance to restore my backup from yesterday or one of the recent days?

Thank you for your time

1Password Version: 6, then 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @roboter

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. When you talk about backups are you talking about 1Password backups? Or something else?

Ben

• roboter
    roboter
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there, I'm talking about 1Password Backups. I also have Time Machine Backups, but i did not want to reset the Macbook to a previous state and did not use them yet.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@roboter - I'm really sorry for the delay in our response. 1Password doesn't just "eat" your passwords; something must have gone wrong. You mentioned that an older backup works -- do you know how old? Are we talking a week, or six months? And can you think of anything that's changed on your Mac in that time? Upgrades, reformat of the hard drive, restoration from backups (your HD, not 1Password)?

• roboter
    roboter
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there, the backups are only 1 week old and even show an amount of passwords. When i restore them, 1password turns out to be empty though :/.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@roboter - can you please quit and restart your Mac, see if the problem persists? Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.