Password History - Chrome Extension / Website

I'm running Linux so only have access to the Chrome extension and website. How can I see my password history? Neither of these interfaces seem to have the option?

Additionally, why does the Chrome extension not support copying the generated password? It updated the password but the site didn't accept it and now I have no way of getting the original password back.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mattmccormick,

If I view an item in the web interface I have a Show Previously Used Passwords button and from there you can copy and reveal each individually. The button does disappear when in edit mode which it turns out mimics at least the 1Password for Mac interface. This should at least allow you to retrieve the old password and then edit the item to restore it as the current one.

Given it seems possible to retrieve the old password, would the ability to copy a generated password still be useful? If you could copy the password would this be in replacement to having 1Password update the Login item for you i.e. you would manually update the Login item once the new password has been confirmed?

• mattmccormick
    mattmccormick
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. Ok, I see it now. I only use the Web UI when necessary and didn't realise it's there only when not in edit mode. I guess the confusion is that the link from the chrome extension takes you to the Edit page. (I guess I didn't even realise there was a non-edit mode).

I do kind of like the ability to copy the password. I know LastPass has this ability and when using that, I usually like to copy the password first just in case something goes wrong but now that I know how to see old passwords it's probably not much of an issue.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mattmccormick,

I can see how you'd reach that conclusion. 1Password X only has an edit button as a way to reach the web page and it sends you directly into edit mode before the page displays. Once you leave edit mode you're probably not looking for buttons or options appearing either. It's one of those things where I don't know if there is a really good reason why the button isn't present or if maybe we've never thought about it. I'll need to ask about.

This discussion has been closed.