1Password Extension not working in Brave Beta browser

I’m using Brave Beta (essentially a skinned version of the Chromium browser) and have installed the 1Password extension, but the extension does not work. The icon is gray with random flickers of black; clicking on the icon shows the extension menu, not the typical 1Password mini window; and the standard shortcut of CMD+\ is not working at all.

I’ve restarted the browser. Turned the extension on and off. Removed and reinstalled the extension. Restarted my computer. Nothing allows it to work.

I am using 1Password 6, which is 1 version back from current - which is v7. I've heard that v7 fixes some of these issues, but I'd have to spend $65 or $3/mo to upgrade.

I'm curious to know if this is a known issue, and if it is, whether it's an issue with Brave Beta or with 1Password extension, and if it's the 1Password extension, whether you will be providing a fix for it.

Thanks.

Brave Beta info:
Version 0.55.13 Chromium: 70.0.3538.54 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

1Password extension info:

1Password app info:
6.8.9 (689001)
Downloaded and purchased directly from AgileBits, not Apple App Store version

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: mac OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• stickney84
    stickney84
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

This issue no longer applies only to Brave Beta. It occurs with the official stable release as well.

I'm running Brave Version 0.55.18 Chromium: 70.0.3538.67 (Official Build) (64-bit) and 1 Password 6 Version 6.8.9.

Brave has provided an update on this issue stating that it requires a change from AgileBits. Is this something that will be addressed? As Brave is my browser of choice this breaks 1P6 for me.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cyboman,

I'm going to close this thread in favour of 1Password 6 for Mac incompatible with Brave browser rather than have two identical conversations happening at the same time. I've already responded to stickney84 there and if you have any questions or feedback please do post. The closure of this thread is not to suggest that you are not allowed to comment on this matter.

This discussion has been closed.