1 Password 4 not available anymore? Cannot connect on OS Mojave

Options
Cilia
Cilia
Community Member

Hi,

I have been using 1pw4 since 2016 and happy with it. I did a clean install of OS Mojave and after this I could only download 1 password 7 ??
My vault was synced on dropbox and I was able to connect with it in the new app, but auto fill does not work. I constantly get a message I should update ( and pay!) to 1password7??
I already disconnected sync with dropbox to upgrade to op- vault. Why am I pressed to upgrade to 7 this way? Think I already paid in 2016?
I am also asked to log in to my account, but I can no longer find my secret key, since I was only able to download 1pw7?

Any help is very welcome, since I always have been very happy with 1pw!
many thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

If you want to stay with a licence rather than a subscription, 1PW7 is a paid upgrade, currently costing $49.95.

Were you using a Mac previously? If so, what version of the OS?I am a bit puzzled that you were on 1PW4 (though that would make sense if you had been on a Windows machine) as the upgrades on a Mac from 4 to 5 and 5 to 6 were free.

You could download 1PW6 from the bottom of the downloads page, and wouldn't have to pay any more.That's not recommended as a long-term solution, as 1PW6 is not being developed, but it could be a useful stop-gap while you consider what to do about 1PW7.

You won't have a secret key, as they are part of the subscription model.

Look at https://support.1password.com/why-account/ for information about the benefits of a subscription.

As you are not currently paid-up for version 7, auto-fill will not work.

• Cilia
    Cilia
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. So now I downloaded 6 and still nothing works. Also I am un-able to remove ( with clean my mac) the version 7 that I downloaded from the app store on my Mac. It keeps giving the message that it is is opened, while I cannot find that it is.
    I am only getting messages that I would need to upgrade to 7 and pay...which is kinda annoying , because I did not pay in the past and now I am forced to if I want to keep using 1 pw? Bit sad actually.
    I am using a Imac with Mojave as you could read in my message, that's were I lost my previous version. Thanks for some more tips;-P

• Cilia
    Cilia
    Community Member
    Options

have al removed now and will try 6 by itself....consider 7 later on..

• Cilia
    Cilia
    Community Member
    Options

and 6 also seems to have a 1 Month trial period??Think I am about to check alternatives, quite disapointed.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Cilia

Please let me know what the current situation is and how I can help.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.