Force sync for membership

dguskov
dguskov
Community Member

Hello!

I use 1Password 7.2.1 on IOS12.

After I change some login records on the my Mac - changes do not appear on my iPhone.

I force sync via - double click on home button, force close 1Pass app and relaunch it.

After they all my records is synced.

But why sync not going automatically ?!

Comments

• Hi @dguskov

You didn’t mention how you’re syncing your 1Password data? Also: is 1Password on the iPhone open when you’re making the changes on your Mac, or are you launching it after the changes have been made?

Ben

• dguskov
    dguskov
    Community Member

Hi @Ben

I use 1Password account sync.

When I change something via app on the my Mac - 1Password.app not launched on the my iPhone. I was launch it after all changes.

• Thanks @dguskov. Sorry -- I missed 'membership' in the title of the thread.

I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/97256
    • Your forum username: dguskov

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• dguskov
    dguskov
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Hello @Ben

Today ant morning I was reboot iPhone. After that I cannot reproduce this problem. Do you still need diagnostic reports?

The problem is not reproduced if the application on the iPhone is running and when it is not running.

Perhaps if the situation repeats, I will create diagnostic reports on the Mac, on the iPhone at the time when it is not synchronized and after the application is forced to restart. And open a new discussion.

But I hope that it will not be necessary.

Of course I am ready to send reports now, if necessary.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dguskov: If it happens again, definitely send us a diagnostic report right away so we can take a look at what's happening. Anecdotally, I run into issues like that when I forget that I've left Low Power Mode on though, so it's worth looking to see if you have that or any other settings which might affect the network.

• dguskov
    dguskov
    Community Member

Hi @brenty and @Ben !

And it happened.

I had an application open on Mac and I made changes on my iPhone. The application on the Mac did not see the changes on the iPhone. I made another change to the Mac and the iPhone did not see it.

I created two diagnostic reports with the suffix "_before".

After that, I forcibly restarted the application on the iPhone. All data was immediately synchronized.

I created two diagnostic reports with the suffix "_after"

BitBot send me Support-ID - #QND-77353-956

• Thanks @dguskov. I see we've received your email. I'm going to take a look at your reports here shortly and see if I can glean anything from them. If not I may need to get our QA / development folks involved. Either way, one of us should be in touch soon.

Ben

ref: QND-77353-956

• dguskov
    dguskov
    Community Member

Hello!

After this, any changes on the Mac are not displayed on the iPhone until you forcefully restart the application on the iPhone. Now the changes made at that moment when the application on the iPhone was not running are not displayed.

I have two new Diagnostic Reports from iPhone. Do I need to send them to you?

• dguskov
    dguskov
    Community Member

Hi @Ben !

As I can see in logs:

Error fetching account overview. Stopping syncer. Error: Error Domain=com.agilebits.onepassword.b5client Code=1212 "MultiFactor Credentials Missing" UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=You will need to provide the second factor for authentication., NSLocalizedDescription=MultiFactor Credentials Missing, NSLocalizedFailureReason=MultiFactor requested and not provided.}

Yes - I use 2FA for my account.

• Thanks @dguskov. We’ve added some additional logging in v7.2.2 beta to help the development team track this issue down. I’m going to reply to your email with further details. Let’s continune the conversation there, please. :)

Ben

• dguskov
    dguskov
    Community Member

Hi @Ben !

I can not reproduce this problem wit 1Password 7.2.2. But I still waiting.

One more. With 1Password 7.2.1 in the Settings - Accounts - My Account the button "Sign Out" was grayed out.

With 1Password 7.2.2 it's normally (red).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

If you have only one account setup in the app and no local vaults, you should not be able to sign out.

• dguskov
    dguskov
    Community Member

Hi @brenty

And the is no local vaults

• Thanks. I’ll have to check with development and see if that was an intentional change.

Ben

• rudy
    edited October 2018

@Ben,

Intentional change, if its the last account and there is no primary vault it will take you back to the setup screen by way of quitting.

• Excellent. Thanks for chiming in @rudy. :)

Ben

• dguskov
    dguskov
    Community Member

Hi @Ben !

I'm still unable to reproduce the problem using the beta version.

As I can see in release notes for Beta iOS version:

"1Password Accounts protected by two-factor authentication can now sync from inside Password AutoFill."

Perhaps this fix fixed my problem too?

• Thanks for the update @dguskov. That is very possible. If the problem does recur please let us know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.