Converting from 1Password 5 naar 1 Password 7

Options
onzenoort
onzenoort
Community Member

I had to reset my iMac to factory settings and I used 1Password 5. Now I can only find 1Password 7, but when I install it, I can't select my back up file (Agile Keychain format) in Dropbox to convert it to OPVault format. How can I solve this?

I also wonder if I can still work from dropbox after upgrading and whether 1Password on my iPhone can still handle the same (OPVault) file in Dropbox.

Greetings,

iMike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Mojave Verion 10.14
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @onzenoort

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password 7. Have you purchased a 1Password 7 for Mac license, or did you sign up for a 1Password membership?

Ben

• onzenoort
    onzenoort
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

So far I managed to get my data in my 1Password 7 Account. I have a Families Plan.

The next question I have is how I can get the data from the iPhone of My wife in a different Vault in my Families Plan account?

Michael

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@onzenoort - as the person who created the 1Password Families account, you are the Family Organizer. Your first job (other than saving your Emergency Kit) is to invite your family members. They'll receive an email from us on your behalf, inviting them to join the family account. Clicking the link will take them through the same process you went through (getting a Secret Key, creating a Master Password), and then once you confirm them, they'll be members of the account with their own Personal vault as well as access to the family-wide shared vault.

Once your wife is a member of the account, she can migrate her data and finally delete her older, now-empty standalone vaults. Let us know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.