To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How can I delete a frozen account and will doing so affect any data in an ongoing account?

Options
derekbooth
derekbooth
Community Member

This question supersedes my email query dated 15 October Ref: #XAD-71712-731] "Account confusion - DAB or Derek Booth"
I inadvertently continued with a trial subscription after purchasing 1Password for Mac, family edition. Ever since I have been bedevilled by the trial account (Derek Booth) taking precedence over the paid for account (DAB). All the data I thought I was adding to the DAB account was in fact being added to the trial account.
The trial account is due to expire tomorrow. It is now empty, all data having been transferred to the DAB account. I would like to delete the trial account, but can't find out how - and I need to make sure that a deletion won't affect any data transferred from it to the DAB account.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.1.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:how to delete a frozen account without deleting data in an ongoing account?

Comments

• Hi @derekbooth

If you want to delete your trial account you can do so through the web admin tools. For an individual account you can delete it from your My Profile page, for a family account you can do so through Settings. We have a guide on on How do delete your 1Password account which has detailed steps to help.

Deleting the account will delete any 1Password data that is stored within that account, so please do make sure that any data you need is copied over to your DAB account. Deleting one account will not affect any 1Password data that is stored within a different account, so deleting the trial account should not affect any data in your DAB account.

• derekbooth
    derekbooth
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks, I've deleted the frozen account OK - but it is still listed in the sidebar of my remaining 1Password account (ie the list of vaults and their contents that opens up when I open the icon in the dock with my master password). How can I remove all reference to the deleted account?

• derekbooth
    derekbooth
    Community Member
    Options

OK - restarting the app has cleared all reference to the deleted account.

• Meek
    Options

Hey @derekbooth great! Glad to hear you're all set. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.