1P is a lot slower than it used to be

Options
RickCunn
RickCunn
Community Member

I recently upgraded to v7.1.2. The Mac is running macOS 10.13.6. The 1P upgrade is substantially slower opening than used to. And once it is unlocked, it is a lot slower simply displaying the contents of a login. What gives?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @RickCunn

I'm sorry to hear about the slowness you're experiencing. When one of these instances of slowness happens please open the Activity Monitor app. You can find it using Spotlight. Click on 1Password in the list. After selecting the application in the process list, click on the Sample Process button in the toolbar. Please note: 1Password must be behaving slowly when clicking this button in order for it to gather any helpful information. In Activity Monitor, once the sample is complete, click on the Save button in the top right-hand corner of the Sample window. Save the resulting file and attach it to an email to support+forum@1password.com along with a diagnostic report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/97268
    • Your forum username: RickCunn

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your sample and diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• RickCunn
    RickCunn
    Community Member
    Options

Etrecheck reported I was out of RAM. Huh? Never happened before. 8 GB is plenty. Activity Monitor showed Kernel-task well over 1GB. A little googling came up with articles reporting this is apparently a problem. Rebooting is the only reported temporary solution (until it bloats again). I rebooted and Etrecheck reported plenty of RAM. AM shows kernel_task well under 1 GB. 1P is back to its old self. My conclusion is Apple has bloated up the OS with the latest release (10.13.6).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RickCunn - I'm not certain that's the conclusion I'd draw from just the available evidence, but if you're back in the lower end of the RAM consumption spectrum, that's the most important thing. Keep an eye on it and let us know if the problem recurs, or if you have any further questions/issues. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.