To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password 7

Once I bought my 1Password by the Appstore. Now I downloaded and updatet to 1Password 7, and now it's a Trial Account???
And I have to pay by month???
And now every 15 minutes I get a message to buy 1Password.
Thereby, I only can read my passwords etc in the vault, but I can not change.
What do I have to do?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.2.BETA-2 (70202002) AgileB
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: MacOS Mojave 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

1PW7 can be obtained by a subscription (from App Store or direct from AgileBits) or licence (only direct from AgileBits, not through the App Store). But unless one already has a subscription, which it seems you don't, it is a paid upgrade.

You should be able to return to your old version of 1PW if you want to. I would not recommend this as a long-term solution, there are already some issues on Mojave, but it can be worth doing short-term.

Let us know what you want to do - licence, sub, or stay with what you had, and we can give further advice.

It would be useful to know what version of 1PW you previously had, and also what devices you have. I would recommend that at least take a look at the sub, it does have advantages, see https://support.1password.com/why-account/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sonjabroekhuizen: Indeed, without a license for 1Password 7 or a membership (which includes all the apps and updates), it will be in "read only" mode. If you can let us know what you're trying to do, I'm sure we can help. :)

• NadjaDn
    NadjaDn
    Community Member

Dears,

I came to have the same issues. I have a 1Password 6 for Mac (Single License) and I simply updated at the new version and now my account is frozen and I should pay again, for something I thought I already paid.

Now it seems you are telling us that other we use an old version, which we'll have an increasing number of problems, or we pay a new subscription?!!

I hope I'm missing something. Any suggestion?

Thak you for your help

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2018

@NadjaDn

Correct; 1Password 7 requires either a new license or a 1Password membership. Licenses are per-version, whereas membership includes new versions. You can continue to use 1Password 6 if you’re licensed for that, but that should be looked at as a temporary solution. V6 will no longer be updated, so to stay on top of the latest you’ll want to ultimately upgrade to a membership or a new 1Password 7 license.

Ben

• nousdigital
    nousdigital
    Community Member

I purchased 1PW some time ago and now my Mac wants to upgrade to 1PW7 but I do not have my setup code...
    I also do not have my secret key (I printed it once)

but Is till have my iTunes receipt from 11/2012 .. how can I transfer my account as I once paid?
    thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nousdigital: A purchase in 2012 would have been for 1Password for Mac version 3 or 4, not version 7. You can either purchase a license for that within the app by downloading it from our website, or get all of the apps and updates as part of a 1Password membership. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.