To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master password stopped working on Mac

Options
ivanklimuk
ivanklimuk
Community Member

Hi!

So I had a local 1password app on my iPhone since 2 years now. Last February I bought an annual subscription, so I could sync the data with my laptop. A few month ago I bought a new laptop and managed to login successfully.

The last time I was using 1password on my new macbook was probably about 2 weeks ago and everything was fine. I definitely didn't change anything in my account settings, but for some reason now I **can't login **neither in my 1password app on my laptop (MacBook Pro 2018 with macOS Mojave), nor on the my.1password.com page.

Some additional facts:
1. I do have an emergency kit printed since the very beginning: the key and the password are 200% correct, I typed them in manually a couple of hundred times.
2. I also tried to copy paste them from the "1password account" on my iPhone (which was generated by the app with the "starter kit" tag).
3. I am able to use my 1password app on my iPhone and I am also able to login using my master password there!
4. The most weird thing: when I try to change my master password from my iPhone I get asked to provide my current master password first and then there are 2 scenarios:

• I type in some random characters and get a "wrong master password" message (which is obviously expected)
  • I type in the correct master password, then I get the opportunity to type in a new password and to confirm it. Once I'm done, the app is hanging for a few seconds and after that I see exactly the following message "Password Change Error".

Yes, I am sure I didn't change the master password.
No, no one else had access except me.
No, it's not a family account.

As far as I understand, it is either a stupid bug which can be fixed, or something went wrong with my master password and it can't decrypt the data properly now. Would be nice to unlock (on my laptop and on the web) my account, but I'm also ready to create a new account and transfer the old data, but I definitely don't want to pay the annual subscription once again.

Thanks in advance!

* By the way, I wrote an email with this issue to your support 4 days ago (support ID [#DKZ-95312-228]), forwarded it to the "urgent" support, and I still don't have an answer. Come on guys, are you serious? I'm a paying customer and this is totally not what I was expecting from you:( I hope we will have better communication in the future.

1Password Version: 1password7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @ivanklimuk, I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble signing in! Since we'll need to talk about some details about your account, let's follow up over email. I'll reply to your ticket momentarily.

• ivanklimuk
    ivanklimuk
    Community Member
    Options

The issue was solved by moving to a new account together with the credits for the old one. Huge thanks to the support team and especially to Chris - the guys were very helpful and together we managed to find the right solution. I'm happy to know I can rely on them!:)

• Meek
    Options

It was a pleasure working with you @ivanklimuk! Glad we managed to get everything sorted out. If there is ever anything else we can help with, you know where to find us.

This discussion has been closed.