To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have 1Password 6 on all of my devices - now one has upgraded to 1Password 7, how get back to V6?

divemaster2
divemaster2
Community Member

I setup a new computer and when I installed 1Password it installed 7, I am using 6 on my other devices. I don't see how to downgrade or upgrade the other version. I on see licensed when I try to get the license number

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1Password 6 on all of my devices - now one has upgraded to 1Password 7, how get back to V6?

Comments

• Hi there @divemaster2, congratulations on your new computer! I love that fresh start and that 'new smell'.
    Depending on how you want to use 1Password moving forward, you have a couple of options.

1. Update your devices to 1Password 7, but using a 1Password membership / account.
    We love 1Password.com accounts because it makes situations like this much easier, you can start a free 1Password trial using 1Password 7 and when you're done, migrate your data over to the account (1Password will prompt you..)
    Setting up your other devices is as simple as adding your 1Password.com account on them and your data appears instantly.
    All the latest apps are included for free so it takes care of having to buy licenses.

2. Upgrade your devices to 1Password 7, keeping data synced with Dropbox:
    If you're looking to continue syncing with Dropbox, you can add your dropbox data to 1Password 7, buy a license after doing so (it will prompt you), and carry on as you were. You will need to download 1Password 7 on your other device(s), add your data again and make sure your sync settings are correct and the same as your other devices.

3. Keep 1Password 6
    Okay, while we all love new and shiny things like the latest version of 1Password, there are times when we just need to keep things as they are for convenience. To get 1Password 6, please visit https://1password.com/downloads/ and at the bottom of the page, you'll see a link to 1Password 6

I hope this helps,
    Let me know how you get on.

Benji.

This discussion has been closed.