Stop suggesting a new password when the current one is excellent

Options
mikele11111
mikele11111
Community Member
edited October 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

I have several logins where 1Password ranks the password (originally generated by Keychain) as excellent and it keeps trying to generate a new 1Password generated password when I open the entry in the vault to take a look at what my current password is. I click on show the password and then it generates a new password and fills it in on the vault listing and then asks me if I want to save it. I didn't want to change it and didn't ask for it to be changed especially since I already had very secure password for which there is no reason to change. This is incredibly annoying. I am hoping this is my fault and can be stopped. Does 1Password do this for any password they didn't generate? Help!

1Password Version: 7.21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @mikele11111,

In order to better understand I would like to ensure I can reproduce what you're seeing. I wonder if you can elaborate a bit for me please as to the steps that result in 1Password suggesting a new password. The reason for asking is you supplied a version that matches 1Password for Mac but our native Mac client would only ever offer generating a new password either through the Password Generator in 1Password mini or if you're editing a Login item. I suspect that means you may be using some combination of 1Password X and our web interface for 1Password accounts. If I can learn what steps you're taking and where my hope is I'll be in a much better position to offer suggestions and/or file a report to hopefully improve 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.