firefox extension not working on windows 10 Pro

Options

Hi, I use 1P 4 on Win10 Pro. I can use the extension fine on Chrome but have decided to move to Firefox. It installed fine, but keeps going grey and I cannot click on it. I can right-click on it and a menu appears, but that is a Firefox shortcuts menu so no help.

I have disabled/re-enabled and I have restarted Firefox twice, and have restarted Windows. All with the same result unfortunately.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: win 10 Pro 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:firefox extension not working

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stephenX,

1Password 4 for Windows is pretty old now but it should still work with Firefox. It does require native messaging is enabled in 1Password so worth checking. Can you check to see if the menu option Help > Advanced > Use Native Messaging protocol is enabled. If it isn't please select it. You will need to restart Firefox for the change to take effect. Does that get things working?

• stephenX
    stephenX
    Community Member
    Options

Littlebobytables, yes that simple fix worked straight away. Thanks for your help. 1P4 may be old but it is still very good :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help :smile:

• Steve_R
    Steve_R
    Community Member
    Options

:-) worked for me too!

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1803
    1Password4 4.6.2.626 (24)
    Firefox 63.0.2
    Firefox 1Password extension 4.7.3.90

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's the part I love about the forum, one person's query and an answer can help many more people :smile: Glad this thread useful!

This discussion has been closed.