To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Lost. Can't find secret key on any device

Options
Benleeke
Benleeke
Community Member

Hello I am on V6. I have a license. I know my password so can log into my app on my iphone and my app on my old macbook. All good. All works. However. I have recently got a new mac. I can't get the secret key to show up on any devices and can't login to your website to get it either as that requires a secret key as well. I seem to be stuck in a circle. Can you help? I can log in with the new mac to the app but need the key to get the chrome extension working.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.8.9 (689001) AgileBits Store
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @Benleeke, I'm sorry for the confusion! You'd only have a Secret Key and be able to sign in to the 1Password.com website if you have a 1Password membership. Since you're using the standalone 1Password apps with a license, you won't have a Secret Key and won't be able to sign in to the website.

In order to get your data on your new Mac, you'll need to choose the option for how you sync your data (i.e. Dropbox or iCloud) rather than choosing "1Password.com Account" (since you don't have an account). I hope that helps clarify things!

• Benleeke
    Benleeke
    Community Member
    Options

It works on my mac already. That's not the issue. I am trying to get the Chrome extension to work?? That asks for a key.

• Meek
    Options

Hey @Benleeke, ah I didn't realize that you were talking about the Chrome extension. If it is asking for a Secret Key, then it sounds like you might be trying to install the new 1Password X app in Chrome. This app requires a 1Password membership, so it won't work with the standalone apps. Instead, try installing the other Chrome extension - you can find it on the right hand side here: https://1password.com/downloads/

This discussion has been closed.