Chrome OSX browser extension - "use suggested password" issue

Options

Go to any site to change your password, fill the "old password" entry from 1PW Extension. Now when the 1PW extension suggests "use suggested password " in the little pop down box under the "New Password" and "Repeat New Password" boxes, go ahead and do that, ie click on the box. Boom, it autofills the suggested new password in ALL the boxes, thereby overwriting the correct "old password" and causing the password change to fail. So, I now manually generate the password, copy and paste it after filling the original old password. If I am doing something wrong, let me know !

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 1.12
OS Version: OSX 10.14
Sync Type: 1PW account

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @geoffb,

So my goto site for password changing is Amazon as I have a handy test account. I did as described but for me the current password remains untouched after filling the new password fields with the suggested password. It could be something that is site specific so I wonder how you would feel about sharing the URLs for the site where you experienced this. I'd like to try and reproduce and file a report.

• geoffb
    geoffb
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, try this one. Thanks for replying.

https://www.flightradar24.com/premium/?noads=adblock# click on Account/login and use the Change password link.

same here

https://app.hydrawise.com/config/account

• Hey @geoffb! Thanks for sending those links over. ❤️

I just tested using the 1Password X inline menu to change my password on all three of these sites - Flightradar24, NewEgg and Hydrawise - but was not able to recreate this issue.

On both flightradar24 and NewEgg, everything went as expected while filling and generating, then 1Password X successfully saved my updated Login item and I successfully saved my password changes on each site.

Hydrawise was a little different, but I still was not able to recreate the issue you mentioned. On Hydrawise, the 1Password X inline menu offers my existing password in all 3 fields. However, I was able to circumvent this by clicking on the 1Password icon in the first "new password" field, then clicked the ellipsis [ . . . ], selected Password Generator and clicked on the Suggested Password. 1Password X only populated the 2 “new password” fields with my Suggested Password. I was then able to save my updated Login item in 1Password as well as my password change on Hydrawise.

I noticed that your extension version says 1.12. The current stable version of 1Password X is 1.12.2. Can you please check for an update to 1Password X and let me know if the issue persists once you've updated?

This discussion has been closed.