Changed 1password.com sign in fill behaviour

Options

Just noticed that the fill behaviour on the 1password.com web interface sign in form has changed. I remember it used to correctly fill the Email field and the Master Password field, leaving the Secret Key field blank. Now it's filling the Secret Key field with my email address.

I'm unsure how recently this changed. I've had several changes on my end:

• updated operating system
  • 1Password app updates
  • switched browsers (but confirmed that this is happening in both Chrome and Firefox)
  • 1Password browser extension updates

Is anybody else experiencing this?
I've checked that the Saved Form Details in the app identify the email address with the email field, and that the webform still has the <input id="email" type="email" …>. Why is it filling in a different field now?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14 Mojave
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @atcruice,

It's probably a combination of an update to 1Password and at a guess how the item was previously created. I believe you should find the following helps.

1. Download this 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file to your desktop. If you download using Safari you will need to remove the .txt Safari appends to the end of the filename.
    2. Drag the 1PIF file to the 1Password icon in the macOS dock to import into the active vault. If All Vaults is active it will use the default vault for saving (Vaults tab in 1Password's preferences).
    3. Locate the imported item, it will have a tag with the import date.
    4. Enter edit mode and click the View Saved Form Details button.
    5. Replace the placeholder values with your real account credentials.
    6. Save.

Not only should this item correctly fill your email address into the right field but you should find it also fills the secret key field as well. If you have any trouble please do let me know.

• atcruice
    atcruice
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @littlebobbytables, that did the trick.

It leaves me scratching my head though. It implies that there's a generation of existing 1Password data that misbehaves, and can't be fixed without manually tweaking a 1PIF file.

Is there a way in the macOS 1Password app to tell it to associate existing data with a particular form field?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @atcruice,

Hidden from the editor there is a flag in every Login item that allows 1Password to know how the Login item was created, was it in a browser or manually inside the main 1Password window. The flag cannot be edited so it can mean there are times where for whatever reason a Login item cannot be easily modified to work. This shouldn't be too common and we are looking at ways at making filling more open to editing.

This discussion has been closed.