To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account Restoration Request (Master Password Issue)

Options
shasha
shasha
Community Member

RE: [#VEJ-69368-477] & [#WHJ-52419-817] -- initiated via email
Hello there!

The password for my new 1Password subscription is not allowing me entry into the website (https://my.1password.ca).
I am logged into 1Password 7.2.1 on my iMac, but the option to change the password is greyed out. I have my secret key and emergency kit.

I am confident that I am entering the correct password but since I'm seeing that it cannot be reset, I'd like to start over and link my account (1Password 7.2.1) to the existing data in 1Password 6.8.8.

I have reviewed the "forgot master password" article and tried all of the tips to no avail. This is a single-user app purchase/subscription so I don't have any one who could assist with recovering my account.

Could you kindly assist with clearing my existing account so that I can start over?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• shasha
    shasha
    Community Member
    Options

While waiting for a response, I've completed the steps suggested here: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/
    but when I try to add my account it is still asking for the master password (which it will not accept).
    Also, for some reason there are two accounts (same email) one for US and one for CA.
    It should be CA.

• shasha
    shasha
    Community Member
    Options

Respectfully, I have seen tickets opened after mine receive responses. I have submitted 2 emails in addition to the above posts.
    I understand that you must be busy, but acknowledgement goes a long way.

Thanks!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hi @shasha

It appears Sean has already been in touch to resolve this issue for you via email. If you need further assistance please email him back. For the future please try to avoid contacting us via multiple channels or through multiple tickets about the same issue. Doing so causes a duplication of efforts which slows the support process down for everyone, including you. Thanks!

Ben

ref: WHJ-52419-817

This discussion has been closed.