Opening my Master Vault (Dropbox) on a new computer.

Options
JaB
JaB
Community Member

I have upgraded to a new MBPro. I have a license and 1Password 6 on my old MBPro. I have downloaded and opened 1Password 7 on my new MBPro. However, my 1Password Master Vault on Dropbox is in the old AgileKeychain format and is not recognized (won't open) in 1P7. How do I convert my old AgileKeychain Vault to the newer file type using 6 so that it will open in 7? Will changing sync to iCloud cause it to be converted, or is there a preference choice I can use to cause this to happen? Thank you all for any help you can provide.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.8 to 10.14 on MBPro
Sync Type: Dropbox (currently)
Referrer: forum-search:upgrading to the new Vault type

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JaB - congrats on the shiny new Mac, and sorry for the difficulties. I'm really hoping you have the old Mac still. If so, open 1Password 6 for Mac on your old Mac and use these instructions to convert your Dropbox sync keychain from the older Agile Keychain format to the newer OPVault format. Then, during the first run of 1Password 7 for Mac on your new Mac, just select Dropbox as your data source/sync method, and choose the OPVault. If you no longer have the older Mac or can't access it for some reason, let me know and we'll try another method.

• JaB
    JaB
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I have converted my Agile Keychain to the new OPVault format. New resulting question: I would prefer not to upgrade to 7 immediately, as the pricing structure has changed and I need to determine what best suits. I installed 6.8.9 on the newer Mac and it wants to run in trial mode for 30 days. I am running 6.8.9 on my previous computer, and it shows as licensed up to 5 installs. Why doesn't it show as licensed using my new Vault (which I have switched to iCloud) on my new Mac? Or how do I transfer the license?

• JaB
    JaB
    Community Member
    Options

NM, figured it out... Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JaB - glad to hear you got it sorted; let us know if you have any further questions. :)

• JaB
    JaB
    Community Member
    Options

After re-installing 1Password 6, switching to the new OPVault, 1Pass no longer opens windows or provides direct entry of passwords. In addition, the 1 password extension no longer appears in Safari. Is this expected behavior with 6.8.9 under Mojave and Safari 12.0.1?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@JaB

The extension not working properly is expected, yes. With Safari 12, Apple formally deprecated traditional-style browser extensions in Safari in favour of the new App Extensions. While the old 1Password Safari extension does currently still work if downloaded directly from the Safari Extension Gallery, there might be some compatibility problems and Apple is due to retire the Extension Gallery at any time now, so it's in no way a long term solution.

1Password does have an App Extension, but it was built for 1Password 7.

• JaB
    JaB
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome. Ok. Have solved the issue based on your information for now. Thank you for that. Now I just have to figure out the best solution moving forward without losing my favorite password app. LOL ;)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JaB - sounds good. 👍Let us know if you have any additional questions or run into any difficulties. :)

• JaB
    JaB
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.