1P7 doesn't lock 100% visually (is visible for 0.5 to 1 second before locking)

4EverMaAT
4EverMaAT
Community Member
edited October 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've noticed this bug in both browser and main app window. When calling 1p (clicking on icon or selecting 1p in browser context menu) it will show for a half second or so before locking. But shouldn't it already be locked? I mean there is a chance that sensitive information could be captured in that 0.5 seconds.

I would prefer if it flashed initially locked, then was unlocked 0.5 seconds later.

Edit: not talking about locking the program manually, but when auto-lock is supposed to be engaged. Or I restart my computer and click on 1p for the first time.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Win8.1 x64
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2019

Hi @4EverMaAT,

Thanks for reporting it.

It is locked but it shows a cached view (glitch) when you bring up 1Password mini as a "optimization" method to speed up the window rendering. You'll notice if you open the main interface, it'll be locked consistently but if you then bring up 1Password mini, it shows that UI glitch. This only happens if you already unlocked 1Password and then it locks on its own.

It's a UI glitch in Windows' UI framework we're using and we're trying to force it to invalidate the cache at all times but it doesn't want to listen to us. We'll get it fixed as soon as possible.

ref: opw/opw#3212

• MikeT
    edited October 2018

Hi @4EverMaAT,

That's not how it works and even with that approach, it wouldn't work, we tried something like that by removing the last shot before it disappear.

We'll get it fixed.

This discussion has been closed.