1Password + Chrome + Shortcut Problem

Hi,

the Login Keyboard Shortcut does not work in Google Chrome for me.

[font=arial, sans-serif]I[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]'ve tried [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]various [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]combinations of Shortcuts[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]. [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Nothing works[/font][font=arial, sans-serif].[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Here's what I[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]'ve [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]already [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]tried:[/font]
  • [font=arial, sans-serif]Reinstalling [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]the extension[/font]
  • [font=arial, sans-serif]Reinstalling [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Chrome[/font]
  • [font=arial, sans-serif]Reinstalling 1Password[/font]
  • [font=arial, sans-serif]Create [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]a new profile [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]in Chrome[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]My System:[/font]
  • [font=arial, sans-serif]Chrome 16.0.912.63[/font]
  • [font=arial, sans-serif]Windows 7 64Bit SP1[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Please help me.[/font]

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    After pressing Ctrl+\ in Chrome, can you please launch the 1Password application, and then do this?

Help > Diagnostics Report > E-mail to Agile

Thanks!

--Stefan.
  • E-Mail has been sent.
  • tulbox
    tulbox
    Community Member
    Acula_MD wrote:

Hi,

[font=arial, sans-serif]I[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]'ve tried [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]various [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]combinations of Shortcuts[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]. [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Nothing works[/font][font=arial, sans-serif].[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Here's what I[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]'ve [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]already [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]tried:[/font]
    • [font=arial, sans-serif]Reinstalling [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]the extension[/font]
    • [font=arial, sans-serif]Reinstalling [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Chrome[/font]
    • [font=arial, sans-serif]Reinstalling 1Password[/font]
    • [font=arial, sans-serif]Create [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]a new profile [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]in Chrome[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]My System:[/font]
    • [font=arial, sans-serif]Chrome 16.0.912.63[/font]
    • [font=arial, sans-serif]Windows 7 64Bit SP1[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Please help me.[/font]

I've got the same problem (occurred with update to revised Chrome extension, which is otherwise a wonderful update). See http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/9736-performance-issues-with-1password-for-windows/page__view__findpost__p__55590
  • jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    Hmm. Both of you reporting this are using 64bit Windows. I don't see why that would be a problem, but I'm noting that as what is common among the two people reporting this.

If you have Safari for Windows installed, would you mind giving that a try. That will help us narrow down the problem. (The new Chrome extension is pretty much the same as the Safari extension, so this will help us figure out if the problem is specific to Chrome.)

Cheers,

-j
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    I've confirmed with the developer that 64-bit Windows is not (at least not solely) the problem.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Since the Chrome 16 extension is brand new in Windows, there are some interesting new issues that are coming up. At least in Mac OS X, I have seen this issue resolved for some folks by using the beta version of the extension.

Please click the button to install the Chrome extension located in 1Password's preferences. On the resulting page, check the box to "Allow beta extensions" and then download the 1Password Chrome extension 3.8.9.38905 and let me know if that improves the situation.

You can always switch back to the stable version of the extension by removing the beta and then reinstalling the stable one as you did initially.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Please note that the beta version of the extension for Chrome has not been tested with 1Password for Windows. If you encounter any problems, please restore the non-Beta version by following the instructions on the page to which Khad linked, above.
  • Acula_MD
    edited December 2011
    Version 1.0.9.248 fixed the problem for me.
    Everything fine now.

Thanks.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    That's great news, Acula_MD! Thanks for letting us know.

I hope the same will be true for anyone else who had this problem.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Acula_MD wrote:

Version 1.0.9.249 should fix this problem. Can you please download version 1.0.9.249 and confirm the fix? Thanks!
  • There is no download for version 1.0.9.249.
    But version 1.0.9.248 already fixed the problem for me.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Acula_MD wrote:

There is no download for version 1.0.9.249.

It is there now.

Acula_MD wrote:

But version 1.0.9.248 already fixed the problem for me.

When Alt is included with your keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+ß, for example) then I doubt #248 fixes it for you -- you'll need #249
  • doud
    doud
    Community Member
    Just wanted to say that I had this issue with the stable version of the extension (not being able to use ctrl+\ in chrome) plus the extension was not at all able to fill in the fields, the latest beta version fixed all of this.

Running on a 64bit windows seven.

DouD
  • ALT was not included within my shortcut.

Version #249 works great for me.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    That's great news, everybody! Thanks for letting us know.
  • tulbox
    tulbox
    Community Member

It is there now.

When Alt is included with your keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+ß, for example) then I doubt #248 fixes it for you -- you'll need #249

Unfortunately mine worked once and then stopped working. It may seem like my machine is whacked but trust me, it's only 1Password items that are troublesome!

.249 1Password
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]3.8.9.38905 Extension[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Windows 7 x64 Ultimate[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I even disabled all other extensions and still no go (sob). Also changed shortcut from alt-z to to ctrl-\[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif](one note also is that updating to the latest 1Password reset my "submit logins automatically" to true)[/font]
  • tulbox
    tulbox
    Community Member
    tulbox wrote:

Unfortunately mine worked once and then stopped working. It may seem like my machine is whacked but trust me, it's only 1Password items that are troublesome!

.249 1Password
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]3.8.9.38905 Extension[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Windows 7 x64 Ultimate[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I even disabled all other extensions and still no go (sob). Also changed shortcut from alt-z to to ctrl-\[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif](one note also is that updating to the latest 1Password reset my "submit logins automatically" to true)[/font]

After reboot, it again works once, and then not at all. Although this time a "1Password has encountered a problem" exception happened soon after. Submitted the error report. Looks like a EAccessViolation. Have just sent error report.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for submitting the report, tulbox. We will take a look at it as soon as we can.
  • The problem occurs again.
    Same Problem as Tulbox.
    After a reboot the shortcut works great.
    But after some time it stops working.
    Only a reboot fixes the problem.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    We're looking into it. Thanks for your patience.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Whenever the problem occurs, can you please send me a diagnostics report?

Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File

Then send it to: stefan AT agilebits DOT com

Thanks!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Please choose Help > Diagnostics Report > E-mail to AgileBits, instead. The message and report will automatically go to Stefan, as well as to the support staff.

This is the preferred method, and we ask that you use it.

Thank you.
  • tulbox
    tulbox
    Community Member
    DBrown wrote:

Please choose Help > Diagnostics Report > E-mail to AgileBits, instead. The message and report will automatically go to Stefan, as well as to the support staff.

This is the preferred method, and we ask that you use it.

Thank you.

Is there any further progress on this? I got an email from support stating the following:

Thanks for sending in the report. I'm sorry that you're still having issues with this.

It looks like there is an issue with your 1Password Helper, for some reason it is not able to establish a clean connection between your Chrome and 1Password.

Could you close your Chrome browser and then open 1Password, go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper. Open Chrome now, wait a minute and then see if 1Password works better now.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Unfortunately no change as still the same behaviour as discussed above (first time works, after which no keyboard shortcut until reboot).

Ted
  • tulbox
    tulbox
    Community Member
    edited January 2012
    A day later, it now appears to be working without issues (the alt-z shortcut in Chrome that is). Now still have the bad performance opening up 1Password, and the initial lag after a reboot for all plugins, but at least the shortcut is working.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    That's good news, Ted! Thanks for letting us know.

The most common cause of slow initial launch of 1Password is connection to the Internet through a proxy server, and the typical solution is to provide proxy information on the Network tab of 1Password preferences.

Does any of that apply to your situation?
  • tulbox
    tulbox
    Community Member
    Running BETA-260 (available today) with auto-update disabled and "password complexity" set to not show.

1. No proxy.
    2. Looks like shortcuts are now all happy.
    3. Plugins appear to be happy in both Chrome and FF.
    4. Now takes 11 seconds after reboot to start up following entering master password (and I assume the same amount of time after x amount of no action).

Ted
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the update!

I'm going to close this thread since it sounds like the original topic (as indicated by the thread title) has been resolved and we seem to be duplicating efforts now. ;)

cf. http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/9736-performance-issues-with-1password-for-windows/page__st__40

We'll see you in that thread! :D
This discussion has been closed.