iOS and OSX clients out-of-sync using Dropbox-stored vault

Options
jalumbau
jalumbau
Community Member
edited October 2018 in iOS

I'm syncing my 1Password.agilekeychain to Dropbox so that I can sync my vault across my OSX and iOS clients, however I've been noticing for the past few weeks that they are out-of-sync, or at least, my iOS client is missing 11 fewer items/logins than my OSX client.

OSX client running v6.8.9(689001) has a total of 144 items - I can break these down by category if needed.
iOS client running v7.2.1 has a total of 133 items.

I've tried clicking 'Sync Now' in my iOS client many times, and am noticing the OSX client is regularly syncing to Dropbox as well.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: 12.0.1
_Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hi @jalumbau,

The first thing I noticed is you mentioned you’re using the legacy Agile Keychain sync format. I’d recommend ditching that and upgrading to OPVault. You can read about how to do that here:

How to switch to the OPVault format from Agile Keychain | 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

P.S. In case you were not aware 1Password 7 for Mac is available. 1Password 6 is no longer being developed: 1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever | 1Password

• jalumbau
    jalumbau
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben I upgraded my Mac to v7, and after doing so, created a 1Password account so that it's now stored and synced by your guys. So, I'll stopping syncing via Dropbox. Question: just to confirm, when I created my 1password account, the client pulled all the passwords in my local DB into a new vault under my new account. I can delete the old vault, correct?

• Ben
    Options

Yes, please do. You’ll then unlock the 1Password apps using the Master Password you set for your 1Password.com account. Glad to hear you were able to successfully migrate to membership. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.