Combining 2 accounts into Family account

Options
Ranbir
Ranbir
Community Member

I have a personal 1password account that I pay annually and my brother has just finished his trial period.
Can we combine the two into a Family account and how? He already has a lot of passwords saved, will these move over too?
Will we need to upgrade to a 1password membership? I'm not sure if I have one!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:upgrading to family

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I have a personal 1password account that I pay annually and my brother has just finished his trial period. Can we combine the two into a Family account and how?

@Ranbir: No. Individual 1Password.com accounts all completely separate. However,

He already has a lot of passwords saved, will these move over too?

If you invite him to join your 1Password Families plan ("Invite People" on the right in 1Password.com), that will allow him to create a new account associated with you. Then he can simply copy data from the old account to the new one.

Will we need to upgrade to a 1password membership? I'm not sure if I have one!

Just to clarify, you will only have an account if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Is that what you have currently?

• Ranbir
    Ranbir
    Community Member
    Options

I can sign in on 1password.com using my account key (very long) and master password.
    When I invite him does he have to create another account? How does he copy data from his old account to the new one?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ranbir: Yes. He'll need to setup another account using your invite in order to be part of your family plan. Then the data can be copied between accounts, like I mentioned earlier:

https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/

This discussion has been closed.