Reinstall 1Password 7 and extension (standalone license)

This discussion was created from comments split from: Cannot sign in to My Account.

Comments

• BobKistler
    BobKistler
    Community Member

Greg:
    I cannot figure out how to start a new thread in this forum, so I am responding here. I also have a standalone license which I use on my Windows 10 desktop and laptop and on my iPhone. My desktop crashed and I had to reinstall Windows and many apps including 1Password. But I do not know how to add the extension to Chrome and cannot sign in on your website to get the install for it, because I do not have a secret key.
    Bob Kistler

• Hi @BobKistler,

Thanks for writing in. I've split your post into its own thread, you can create a new thread by clicking the New Discussion button on top or bottom of the threads, it's next to the page index.

You can download 1Password and the browser extensions from here: https://1Password.com/downloads/, if you scroll down a bit, you'll see the browser extensions for your browser.

Do not install 1Password X from Chrome Web Store, that's a different extension runs by itself and supports 1Password.com memberships only. If you did install it, you'll have to uninstall it before you install the regular browser extension.

If you have a license for 1Password 4 but not 1Password 7, the download for 1Password 4 is all the way on the bottom right of the same downloads page.

• BobKistler
    BobKistler
    Community Member

Thanks, Mike, that was easy. Working again.
    However, I still don't see the New Discussion button or page number. I am at https://discussions.agilebits.com/ and see the 14 faces split into two rows with three large circles on the right displaying counts. Beneath the search text area I see row after row of more counts and links ending with General-Lounge. Am I at the wrong url?

• BobKistler
    BobKistler
    Community Member

...and I am signed in.

• Hi @BobKistler,

You have to choose the topic first before you can create a new discussion. In this case, click Windows topic and you'll then see the new discussion.

This discussion has been closed.