Can Autofill keep 1PW unlocked?

Options
dmitch77
dmitch77
Community Member

I might be missing something...but when I use autofill (1PW on iPad, iOS12, Safari), every single time I ask for an autofill password from 1PW, I get prompted to unlock the 1PW vault. 1PW is configured to not lock on exit, auto lock after 30 minutes, and PIN code is disabled. The 1PW app itself stays unlocked as it's supposed to, even when switching apps.

E.g.
-- run 1PW
-- unlock 1PW
-- use 1PW
-- switch to another app
-- wait a few minutes
-- go back to 1PW, it's still unlocked.

However when using autofill (using 1PW to fill in a password on a web site in Safari) there appears to be no "stay unlocked" state.

I.e:
-- run Safari, go to secure web site
-- ask 1PW to autofill password
-- get prompted to unlock 1PW
-- the autofill works.
-- Then, go to another web site, still in Safari, no app switch, no delay, ask 1PW to autofill password
-- I have to enter my 1PW password again.

Shouldn't 1PW stay unlocked for the time specified in its settings (which for me is 30 minutes).?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.0.1 on iPad Air 2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hi @dmitch77

Some form of Quick Unlock (Touch ID / Face ID / PIN code) would need to be enabled in 1Password > Settings > Security in order for this to work as you're describing. With the Master Password being set as the only way to unlock 1Password the 'lock on exit' setting is ignored and defaulted to 'on.' I'm in talks with development about making that more clear.

In this specific case you may also need to enable 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > always show lock screen for Password AutoFill as well, but I couldn't say for sure off hand.

Thanks.

Ben

ref: apple-2489

This discussion has been closed.