How to upgrade without losing old data vault while adding additional vault?

Options

I have been using 1Password for personal security for some time. Now want set up "Teams" for my workplace. Created a Teams account, tried to follow the instructions to add the new account to existing 1Password app, but the option (add account) does not exist. Am scared to download new version in case I lose personal data (192 logins etc). I added the new account to my Android app and now can't find personal vault.

How do I ensure access to my existing personal data vault, update 1Password, add the new business Teams account, and ensure both are available on Android?

Many thanks
Michael

1Password Version: 4.6.2.6.26
Extension Version: 6.29200
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Michaelvet,

Thanks for writing in.

You're using the old 1Password 4 for Windows version, which does not support 1Password.com accounts. 1Password 7 for Windows is available for both 1Password accounts and standalone vaults that you can sync with Dropbox. Since you have a 1Password account, it is a free download for you.

As your 1Password data is in both Dropbox and 1Password.com account, there is no risk to upgrading to 1Password 7 on your PC and it does not remove the data from 1Password 4 including its backups, so you can restore if you need to.

Here's how to upgrade to 1Password 7: https://support.1password.com/upgrade-windows/#upgrade-from-1password-4

For your Android device, did you just set up 1Password as a new install and sign in to your 1Password account first?

This discussion has been closed.