No loading indicator on first sign in [Bug, will be fixed]

epicmaster
epicmaster
Community Member
edited October 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When I sign into the Windows app, there is no loading/progress indicator showing the app syncing my vault, I just click around the UI and it shows everything as empty, no indication things are still loading in the background. This means I have no idea whether the app is broken or feedback of when I get to use the app...

This seems like a pretty basic on boarding 101 thing that you guys would have thought about, so I'm wondering if this is an intentional thing.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

Sorry for the confusion there. Our focus has been on building the new app to have functionality in the first place, like sync, but you're right: it would be nice to have some progress indicator. It just doesn't come up often since for most people it's super fast, and ideally it will be that way for everyone with enough work. But indeed it would be nice to have a progress/status indicator for cases when it takes longer than expected. Thanks for the feedback!

ref: opw/opw#1275

• Hi guys,

Just to be clear, we did have a progress indicator before but there were some changes made in the last series of updates that didn't show the progress indicator. It is supposed to keep you on the sign-in view with the progress bar until the data is downloaded but a bug caused the view to dismiss as soon as the initial authentication is done, not the data.

We'll get it fixed as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.