1Password X re-prompts for login even if 1Password is authorized

Options
quotidian
quotidian
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Mac

Under the old Chrome extension, once I'd opened and authorized 1Password, my Chrome extension was also authorized.

With 1Password X, i now have to log in to 1Password twice. Once to the desktop version to get to passwords in other contexts, and one to 1Password X in Chrome, to use autofill in chrome.

Furthermore, command-\ used to be a convenient universal autofill, but now I need command-\ for Safari and cmd+sh+X for Chrome.

It's really quite confusing for me, and I don't even want to recommend it to my assistant, who would be completely confused at the changing hotkeys and the need for multiple logins.

Is there any way to unify this experience the way the old Chrome extension worked?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 1.12.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@quotidian: Yes. 1Password X runs entirely in the browser and is designed to be completely independent, for use in situations where a 1Password app cannot be installed. Its only connection is to 1Password.com. I think you're looking for the 1Password desktop extension:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

That integrates with the desktop app, so it can control the keyboard shortcut, locking, etc.

• quotidian
    quotidian
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! Somehow I hadn't seen your response until now. The explanation is very helpful. I'd gone back to the desktop extension, but have been worried since going back that I'm somehow missing out on the current technology and that the "traditional" desktop extension would stop working.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@quotidian, on behalf of brenty, you are very welcome! I am happy to hear he was able to clarify things for you.

have been worried since going back that I'm somehow missing out on the current technology and that the "traditional" desktop extension would stop working.

Both extensions work, so you are free to choose the one you prefer without worrying that one will stop working ;)

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.