Is it posible to set an destination IP in firewall / proxy settings.

Options
AYMM
AYMM
Community Member

I have seen the ports which should be opend in the proxy / firewall, but i dont want to open these ports to any IP.

Is there a destination IP i could set in the configuration?

1Password Version: newest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Desktop app syncing to web-version
Referrer: forum-search:firewall destination ip

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AYMM: Can you clarify what you're trying to do? I'm not sure at this point how this relates to 1Password Business/Teams, but happy to help in any way I can. :)

• AYMM
    AYMM
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Sorry, maybe it's the wrong category. I want to use 1password in my company and I have installed the client on Win 10. The firewall or proxy blocks the connection. I have seen that there is a list of ports that should be unlocked. I don't want to unblock these ports in general, but only to one IP address if possible. My question is now: is there a specific IP address that I can enter as a destination?

• AYMM
    AYMM
    Community Member
    Options

I mean the connection with which the client is synchronized with the online version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry, maybe it's the wrong category. I want to use 1password in my company and I have installed the client on Win 10. The firewall or proxy blocks the connection. I have seen that there is a list of ports that should be unlocked. I don't want to unblock these ports in general, but only to one IP address if possible. My question is now: is there a specific IP address that I can enter as a destination? I mean the connection with which the client is synchronized with the online version.

@AYMM: I think this is a good place for it. Thanks for clarifying! :) 1Password.com does not have a single IP address. But it shouldn't be necessary to do any of that anyway. The client just needs to be able to talk to the website via a secure connection: 1password.com:443, since it will be over HTTPS. I can't imagine why your firewall would block SSL/TLS connections though. Is it misconfigured? For example, that would prevent you from connecting to any websites securely.

This discussion has been closed.