Easy to understand?

Options
Dumb_Doug
Dumb_Doug
Community Member

Sorry for sounding stupid but, I'm not computer literate... to me clouds store water, not data. If I sign up for this product (which it sounds like a great thing) will it be easy to understand? I access my accounts from my desktop at work, my smartphone and sometimes from my wifes laptop. Will the account link to all of these? I guess I understand the concept, but that's where it ends for me, hence my username.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Dumb_Doug

We’ve all got different backgrounds and different levels of understanding so what may come extremely intuitively for one person may be an insurmountable challenge for another. I can’t really answer this question fairly without injecting my own bias. What I can say is that it has been one of our goals to make 1Password more accessible to a less technically inclined crowd and in my opinion we’ve made great strides in that regard. I’ve got my parents using 1Password now, whereas when I first started working here 10 years ago I never would’ve even thought to suggest it to them.

Our support site has grown into a great resource with both text and video instruction. I’d recommend taking a look at some of our “getting started” pages and see if you think it might be for you:

Get started with 1Password

With a 1Password membeship you can install 1Password on all of your supported devices and access your accounts using 1Password on each of them. If you have any other specific questions along the way we’d be happy to help answer those. I hope that helps!

Ben

• Dumb_Doug
    Dumb_Doug
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, your last statement sounds like the answer I was looking for. I'll see what I can understand on the getting started pages.
    For what it's worth I'm probably the same age as your parents, and I have a hatred for computers!
    Thanks again!

Doug

• Ben
    Options

As they say... “age is just a number!”

Good luck. Let us know if we can help. :)

Ben

• Dumb_Doug
    Dumb_Doug
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah and my number is up there!
    The good news is that one of my close friends has been using 1password for several years now and has volunteered to help me and answer my questions so it looks like I will be signing up in the near future!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dumb_Doug: That's great! I'm glad that you have a good friend like that. Just remember that we're here too if either of you have questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.