Show the second for created and last modified dates

Hi,

Recently I signed up a website and generated a few passwords. Unfortunately, it didn't offer to create a login item after I registered.

When I check saved passwords, I can't distinguish which one created last. Because all passwords were created the same minute. And it is not clear what is the order of the passwords on the 1Password mini window.

Maybe I could open the main app, go to passwords category, sort by date created and convert the first one to log in, but this is not that handy. I'd expect to see the sorting options or the second of the created datetime on the mini's window. If you say that sorting is always by date created on that screen, I can remember it in future, but first users may still don't understand that.

Btw, Is the name of the extension window still mini?

Regards.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @koraykupe. You're right that 1Password mini could do a better job here. Right now, the "Related" passwords section is sorted alphabetically, which is sort of useful for saved items but for the passwords, it's not so useful. I'll mention this to our design team.

If you haven't seen it yet, in 1Password X we actually have a timeline of passwords that shows them all in order:

We think this is a much more useful representation of the history of generating passwords. It seems like something like this would help you as well.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ 1Password
    Fort Worth, Texas

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

Thanks for the explanation. Actually normal 1Password extension should follow the desing logic of the 1PasswordX. I like it, but if I use it I miss some other features of the main app. I am in the middle of both. The main extension should be the most powerful one because you always say that the main idea of the 1PasswordX is running it on Linux and ChromeOS devices.

This two options just make users undecisive.

Regards.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Ah, yes, I agree. I think more of what is in 1Password X should be available to folks that are using the native apps. We're working toward that, but I can't say much more than that right now. Just know it's something we recognize as a need and are working on. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ 1Password
    Fort Worth, Texas

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

Good to know that Jamie! 😊

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

:+1:

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

Any update for the native extension's password generated "seconds"? It's really confusing guys...

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi @koraykupe, Thanks for the bump. While I don't have any updates for you yet, I'd be happy to bring this thread to the table again. Having said that, I can't make any promises when we'll be able to get to it.

This discussion has been closed.