Recovering 1Password after computer crash

dianabarich
dianabarich
Community Member

My Mac mini crashed & had to be erased. I recovered 1Password app & data from my backups, but it was very old data & a very old password. I can update the data by hand (My iOS devices have the current info), but I need to get my license # attached to this version, and would like to change the password to agree with the ones I'm using on ios. Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:recovered 1password from backups is an older version with old password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dianabarich - I'm sorry for the trouble! What version of 1Password for Mac were you previously using, and what version did you download and install onto your re-formatted Mac? We recently released version 7 of 1Password for Mac (back in May), and if you installed this one but were previously using an older version prior to the crash, you won't have a license for this version. If you have a 1password.com membership, you don't need a license; access to all our apps is included with your membership.

The data issue is another matter -- let's get that sorted out first. Can you tell me what method of sync you're using for your 1Password data on your iOS device(s)? If you're not sure, you can visit Settings > Sync and check there. Let me know what you discover! :)

• dianabarich
    dianabarich
    Community Member

Thank you so much - I discovered that I was just in the wrong vault - I had completely forgotten there were "vaults" & when I switched it over to the current one, it all came up & started syncing with my iOS devices right away, as it had been doing before. My license shows up as current, etc. so all is well. Again, thank you!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dianabarich - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to help jog your memory. :)

This discussion has been closed.