To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrading from Version 6 to 7 without Master Key

I purchased my MacBook 1Password subscription in 2014 for $53.36. I also purchased my iPhone subscription in 2014 for $19.20. I am trying to upgrade to the Version 7, but I do not have a Master Key or a copy of a certificate. I can not get onto 1password.com either. I have downloaded the Version 7 to my Mac, but as far as I know, I am still using Version 6. My MacBook Pro is now using MacOS Mojave, version 10.14.1; hence the reason I thought it would be good to upgrade now. I am using 1Password, Version 6.8.9 (689000), purchased from the Mac App Store.

I will need the same information to upgrade my Husband's account should he choose to upgrade to the MacOS Mojave.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.8.9 (689000)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Mojave, 10.14.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• brad_stihl
    brad_stihl
    Community Member

I also purchased 1Password from the App Store in 2014. I currently have version 6.8.8. I downloaded the New 1Password 7 and installed it. I have not removed my old version yet.My first question is what is the difference between buying a license or a membership? I apparently already have an account with 1Password but cannot find my "secret Key" anyplace on my computer. So i can't log in. All I want to do is either get the license or membership and get the old version out so I can start using 1Password7. And I am on an iMac with the new Mojave.
    Thanks...Brad

• Hi folks.

1Password 7 requires either a 1Password subscription membership or a 1Password 7 for Mac license (purchased separately from any previous purchases). Secret Keys are exclusive to membership. Membership offers a number of benefits including access to 1Password from all of your devices using the latest version of 1Password. You can read more about the benefits here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If your family uses 1Password as well I'd highly recommend our 1Password Families membership.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.