Family Account moving from 1password 6.8

MontyDad
MontyDad
Community Member

I am currently running 1Password 6.8.9 on my computer and devices. I use the Dropbox option to sync everything, I am wanting to move to 1Password Family. I have several questions:
1) Will I continue to use my Dropbox account to Sync the main File between devices?
2) If I am unhappy with family will it be "easy" for me to go back to 1Password 6.8.9 (should I back up the file on Dropbox on a separate drive so I can reinstall if I need to.)
3) As the Admin for the family will I be able to choose which family members have access to which passwords
4) If I am storing my passwords on YOUR cloud rather than my Dropbox account can you please explain what security you take around privacy, encryption etc on your cloud. Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @MontyDad, I'm glad to hear you're thinking of moving to 1Password Families - you're going to love it. I'd be happy to answer your questions:

1. Nope - no need to use a third party sync service with 1Password Families. Simply sign into your 1Password account on all your devices, and your data stays up to date.
    2. It's relatively straight forward to go back to 1Password 6 if you decide to - the only complication comes around attachments. In 1Password Families they're stored as a new Document type item, so to go back you'll need to manually download and re-attach your attachments. We have a guide for this though if it comes to that.
    3. Yes. As the Family Organizer you can create shared vaults, give family members access to those vaults and control which level of access they have (read only, read/write). Every family member also gets their own Personal vault that only they have access to, and you can't control access to that.
    4. I'm glad to hear you're thinking about the security of your account! Security is at the core of what we do. We've written up a number of articles talking about the security of 1Password accounts. The best place to start is our overview here, we also have a more detailed guide here, and finally if you want to get into all the nitty gritty details, we've published a full whitepaper here. Please let me know if you have any more questions!
This discussion has been closed.