1Password 7 crashing mojave, what fonts does it require?

Options
elkodsi
elkodsi
Community Member

Just updated to Mac OS 14.1 Mojave, using extensis suitcase font manager. now 1password crashes every time I open the app and search. is it possible that one of the fonts I'm managing is required by the app?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password crashing mac mojave

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @elkodsi! That's very much a possibility. I think the system is supposed to provide a substitute/default font, but I'm not quite sure what kind of havoc that might play with things. I know that if you use a utility like monolingual to strip out all other localizations beside your preferred language, you're altering the bundle significantly enough that the code signature no longer matches and 1Password won't load, but I'm not certain whether font issues would rise to that level.

When 1Password crashes, the next time you open it, you'll see a crash report form that's from us. Please submit it, and let us know here under what name you submitted it. Thanks!

• elkodsi
    elkodsi
    Community Member
    Options

Here's a copy of it, I submitted it under David Elkodsi

• elkodsi
    elkodsi
    Community Member
    Options

tried to post it, too long. can I email it?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2018
    Options

@elkodsi - I didn't mean for you to post the entire crash report here. The mechanism should ask you to send it right from within the app itself; I just wanted you to do that, then tell us (here) under what name you did so. Sorry for the confusion.

ref: apple-2524

• elkodsi
    elkodsi
    Community Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Thanks Lars, sorry for the confusion. I did send the crash report directly from 1Password. Under David Elkodsi, [email address removed by 1Password, this is a public forum]

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@elkodsi - thanks for that; we've located them and yes, it looks like you got rid of Helvetica Neue, which I believe was a substitute font for one of the others that was also missing. Try re-enabling that one and see if it has any effect. If not, do an actual hard restart of your Mac and try one more time.

This discussion has been closed.