Compatibility of newest 1 Password version 3.6.2. in ios4, 5 and OS 10.7.2

Hello Friends,

I am using 1 Password since many months on all of my devices and I am convinced that it is a great product - I already recommended it to many friends.

Now, I have a question regarding compatibility of the DropBOX stored Datafiles when using different versions of 1 Password.

I am a bit concerned about the hint in the latest 1Password update to Version 3.6.2. on ios: "...final update for ios 3 and 4...backup copy of 1 Password.ipa if device cannot be upgraded to ios5..."

Im using 1 Password Pro on:
Mac os10.7.2, 1 Password Version 3.8.12 (build 31220)
iPad1 ios 5.01, 1 Password Version 3.6.1 (Oct 14 2011)
iPad2 ios 5.01, 1 Password Version 3.6.1 (Oct 14 2011)
iPhone 3GS ios 4.3.1, 1 Password Version 3.6.1 (Oct 14 2011)

I will be able to keep the Mac and ipads updated but not the iphone (caused by the stupid sim lock policy of apple and some providers that device is jailbroken and therefore may not be updated until the new hack for 5.01 has been made available).

Question: Could there be a compatibility issue using 3.6.2. and 3.6.1. in parallel?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards and greetings from Germany,
Bernhard

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I am using 1 Password since many months on all of my devices and I am convinced that it is a great product - I already recommended it to many friends.

Thanks! :)

Question: Could there be a compatibility issue using 3.6.2. and 3.6.1. in parallel?

Nope. Sync is abstracted by Dropbox, so as long as you don't upgrade your iPhone to 3.6.3 (when it comes out) before you upgrade to iOS 5, you will be all set.

The current version 3.6.2 works just fine in iOS 4.

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.