To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Mac App Store Ver 7 not available. Need new license??

Options
gbkruth
gbkruth
Community Member

Why can't I receive Ver 7 via the MacApp Store where I purchased this app???? I purchased 1Password several years ago with the transition from another vendor and have been receiving updates routinely.
My current version 6 indicates my "Trial Period" has expired and I am not able to load Version 7 without purchasing a new license from you?? I see Version 7 in my Finder file but when I try to launch it - it gives me the Need to Purchase License message and cannot process unless I purchase a new license????
Have you changed your policy and are now charging Mac users who purchased 1Password via the App Store for a new license???
HELP!

1Password Version: v 6.8.9 (689001)Agile Bits Store
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: OS X 10.14 Mojave
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hey @gbkruth, I'm so sorry for the confusion! 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade from 1Password 6. If you'd like to use 1Password 7, you can either purchase a license for 1Password 7, or switch to a 1Password membership. Let us know if you have any more questions!

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    Options

I just asked a similar question before finding this thread.

Just to be sure: to upgrade to 1P 7, I can do so by making a straightforward purchase for $49.99, correct? Thanx.

• Hi @BikerBob,

Yes, if you download and install 1Password 7 from our website you'll be given the option to migrate your data from 1Password 6 and purchase an upgrade license.

Rick

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Rick.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad Rick was able to help. We're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.