How can I use standalone 1Password 7 on 2 pc's?

I have the licensed version on my office desktop. I want to install on my Surface 4, but when I click on 1Password in the top left corner, then click on License, it takes me to a dialogue box that says "1Password is read-only" and to "Add a 1Password account or license to edit or save". The options are "Add license" or "Buy now". I click on "Add license" and it tries to open a file? Is the order ID found in a file? What file am I looking for?

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: .581
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @MagicRat,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

When you bought 1Password 7 from our store, you got an email from us with the link to the 1Password 7 license file. You have to open that license file on each new PC you want to install 1Password on.

The license file ends in .onepassword-license.

I would recommend that you save the license file in your 1Password vault file, so that you don't need to open the email but just open the vault in 1Password 7 as read-only, export the license file to disk and then open it.

We are going to add support to automatically register the license file if we see it in the OPVault that you open with 1Password 7.

PS: 1Password 7 came out this year, so if you bought a license before this year, you may have bought a license for 1Password 4. 1Password 7 is a separate purchase and has a license file, while 1Password 4 is a license key and limited to 1Password 4 only.

• MagicRat
    MagicRat
    Community Member

I have an order ID, but I never received an email with a .onepassword-license attached. I bought 1Password 7 on June 6, 2018.
    Can you have another email sent to me?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MagicRat: I've resent your license information via email. If you're not seeing it right away, please check your spam folder. Either way, let me know if you need anything else. :)

• MagicRat
    MagicRat
    Community Member

Hello Brenty,
    Thank you, but I am not able to "click" on the "download Martin Seidler-Windows.onepassword7-license0win" link. Is there a reason for that? Do I copy and paste somewhere? Please advise. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MagicRat: Ah, sorry about that. It sounds like you're maybe using the Windows 10 "Mail" app, and that doesn't always work well with links. If you can use another mail client (or web mail) that should work. Otherwise shoot us an email at sales@1password.com and we can send you the file directly.

• MagicRat
    MagicRat
    Community Member

Hello,
    I have run into the same problem again with the Surface Pro 7 that I just bought. Can you please send me a license for 1Password 7 for Windows? My order reference is 1PA180606-1905-27669 - thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MagicRat:

Did you delete the email that brenty sent you last year, with the license information? If you still have it, the links to download your license will still be valid.

• MagicRat
    MagicRat
    Community Member

Yes I still have it but it won’t work. I’m having the same issue that I had then. Can you please resend?

• MagicRat
    MagicRat
    Community Member

Thank you for your help. It worked when I used another mail client (or web mail) . Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! I am glad to hear that using a different email client worked. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.