Rejecting Chrome v71 Beta due to untrusted certificate

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1password addon disabled in Firefox 63.0.

Comments

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

"Refusing helper connection from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome Beta\Application\chrome.exe", because of untrusted certificate."
    Just has happened to me. Would you like to get the logs?

Chrome x64 Beta 71.0.3578.30

• MikeT
    edited November 2018

Hi @sniem,

Thanks for reporting it.

I just installed Chrome 71.0.3568.30 Beta, there's no issue with its certificate and 1Password 7.2.581 works fine with it.

Did you go to Help menu > About Google Chrome to make sure it is fully installed and restart it a few times?

You may need to try rebooting as well.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

First time ever I've seen this, not repro after reboot.
    Checking the logs it has happened during the day, I think when I was online via my iPhone's hotspot but again this evening when I was back in my own wlan at home.
    There even is an entry saying " Refusing helper connection from "C:\Windows\explorer.exe", because of untrusted certificate."

• @sniem: There are several reasons this might happen and some are temporary. Is this still giving you consistent trouble or has a reboot resolved it?

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Reboot has solved it. I'll send you an update here when it happens again.

• @sniem: Awesome, that's great to hear! Hopefully it was just a blip and will be okay moving forward, but if it does come back, you know where to find us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.