Add an option to the save login prompt to edit other fields quickly [Feature req.]

Options
koraykupe
koraykupe
Community Member
edited November 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

On some websites, 1Password default extension offers to save my login just after I register, but actually, it only saves my password and misses the email/username. (I can't realize that it is saved as a password or a real login item on that prompt)

Then, I have to open the extension, click the arrow, click "convert to login", click edit, fill the missing fields and save it. Troublesome and very annoying.

If there'd be nice to have a quick edit button to expand the prompt or go to edit page of the item directly.

Regards.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @koraykupe,

If you're seeing a Convert to Login button that must mean you're looking at a Password item. These are created by 1Password for Mac/Windows when you use the Password generator and are separate from any item created if 1Password prompts to save. The core purpose behind the Password item is to act as a backup should 1Password for any reason not prompt to save or if for some reason you don't want to save at that moment. This way you still have a record of the generated password should the worse happen.

If you're seeing a standard save prompt but you can only find a Password item afterwards something isn't quite right but I'm struggling to think of a plausible explanation given the Password items are being created and you're not reporting more widespread issues.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Okay, but I know that already. I mean, sometimes it doesn't offer to save the login item, instead, it saves the password. I want to quickly convert it to a login item and edit the username/email field on one step. Actually, the ideal solution would be fixing wrong or missing savings of fields which I mentioned on my other posts often. If it had worked perfectly, this feature request would not be that much important for me.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The primary goal should be to have 1Password better detect when to save so that converting Password items is a very infrequent event. It could be a good design move to have 1Password default to edit mode when converting a Password item anyway and I shall file a report to see it discussed.

This discussion has been closed.