Help me! I can not open my 1password when I use my masterpassword It closes down immediately.

hblpjp
hblpjp
Community Member
edited November 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I can not open my 1password when I use my masterpassword It closes down immediately.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Help me! I can not open my 1password when I use my It closes down immediately.

Comments

• hblpjp
    hblpjp
    Community Member

I can not open my 1password when I use my master password It closes down immediately.

• Hey, @hblpjp! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble! Chances are this is a know issue, normally caused by signing out of your last account or removing your last vault. We're working on getting if fixed up, but for now resetting your local database should correct it. Before you do anything else, sign in to your account on 1Password.com or take a peek at your standalone vault on another device and just confirm you're able to see all of your data. If you've got access to your data elsewhere, go ahead and reset on Windows:

1. Open (but don't unlock) 1Password and choose 1Password > Exit.
    2. Open Start, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password to search and press enter.
    3. In this folder, rename the data folder to data-backup.
      4, Open 1Password 7 and sign in or open your standalone vault(s) again.

If you have a 1Password membership this will require the full gamut of your account details (Secret Key, etc. in addition to your Master Password), so make sure you've got them handy. If you use standalone vaults, make sure you know their location on Dropbox or your filesystem so you're ready to open them up again. And, of course, if you have any questions or need help along the way, please feel free to ask -- I'm happy to lend a hand. 🙂

Let me know if this gets things working for you again. :+1:

• hblpjp
    hblpjp
    Community Member

Works perfectly now thank you very much for your help.

• That's great to hear and on behalf of Kate, you're welcome.

• MichelMatos
    MichelMatos
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

Hello! I am a long time user of 1Pasword in the Apple system: iPhone, iPad and Macs. Now, I am using a Windows 10 system. Downloaded the 1Password 7, used some days before buy it, but before buy the license, the app started to close just after opened. I did what you sugest and it doesn't work. I thought It was closing because I kept using it for too long before buy the license, but I bought the license, made the registration and it still keeps closing! Please, help!

1Password current version 7.3.684.
    Windows 10 Version 1903 (System compilation 18362.239)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MichelMatos! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. Can you please send us a diagnostics report from your Windows machine so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.