Please help with questions about 1PX and the Desktop app!!!!!

Guys, I'm really getting app fatigue! I'm sorry if these questions appear elsewhere or this post should be in a different forum but I love 1P and right now we're having a major lovers tiff!!

My data stopped syncing correct across the desktop app, the browser extension and my iOS apps. I had a look online at this forum and elsewhere on the web. I believe that I was running 1Password X and the desktop app at the same time and this could be the root of the syncing issue.

I uninstalled 1Password X (as I love the desktop app and feel more in control with it) and installed the standard extension in Chrome.

Still having sync issues across my devices. Also wasn't saving updates to credentials or generated passwords (although, this could be the sync issue again).

I have uninstalled my beta desktop app and installed the stable version.

I want to install 1Password X but I'm not sure that I can/should.

Questions;

1. Can I run 1Password X and the desktop app concurrently?
  2. If I do what problems am I likely to experience
  3. Is there any reason why the syncing between apps and devices is so bad? It's really frustrating using 1P to log in to a site multiple times and
    go to log in on iOS and 1P doesn't have any details for the site.

Guys, HELP!!!

🙄

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.13.1 Chrome
OS Version: macOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Can I run 1Password X and the desktop app concurrently?

@gerrymcil: Yes, but they are completely separate. 1Password X is designed to work entirely on its own since not everyone can use the 1Password desktop apps.

If I do what problems am I likely to experience

Really just confusion. If you've got both 1Password X and the 1Password desktop extension in your browser, they have separate settings and lock/unlock independently.

Is there any reason why the syncing between apps and devices is so bad? It's really frustrating using 1P to log in to a site multiple times and go to log in on iOS and 1P doesn't have any details for the site.

We haven't received reports of actual sync issues from the other millions of users, so it's likely something with your specific setup. Do you have a Primary vault in any of the apps? Are you using the same 1Password.com account in all of them?

• gerrymcil
    gerrymcil
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,

Thanks for your response.

I only one Vault and always use the same account. I'll give it another go and monitor any issues with the sync.

Thanks again for your reply.

Gerry

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. Definitely let me know the specifics if you encounter further issues.

This discussion has been closed.